Thursday, March 18, 2010

New Mulberry Paper Colors!

Hello Friends!  I have lots to cover today, but I will try to keep it short and sweet.

We've received some lucious shades of mulberry paper on Tuesday.  I was so excited to see the quality and the color of these papers!  We have a new shade of Cream that will be replacing the "old stuff".  This "cream" is truly soft & creamy, making it so easy to work with!  I just had to play with it.  Of course I should have been doing other things.  Here is my example of a bear I created using the new "Cream" toned paper.
This example is up against our new shade of 165gms Mocha!  It's so hard to get the colors right in a photograph.  As you can see, the "fluff" is so much nicer.  All it took was some LIGHT strokes along the edges with our Fluff Me! Steel Brush.  I chalked him up a little with some Creamy Brown Fluid Chalk too.

Next I created a little bear with the new 165gsm Mocha Mulberry Paper.  This paper truly needs only one layer to achieve a lot of fluff.  You will want to wet this paper before you tear it - LOL.  Just take a look...
For this little guy, I used a different technique for fluffing.  Remember, he is only made with 1 layer of mulberry paper.  To make his fur somewhat curly, after I had him assembled, I took my water barrel brush and lightly dampened the edges.  I then took my Beary Creative Tear Bear Tool and "picked" at the fibers along the edge.  Finally, I allowed him to dry.  That was it.  Pretty neat, huh?

As for the color, it is similar to our current Dark Khaki shade, but much lighter.  I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about this shade, but after making a few bears the other night, it's really grown on me.  I think it's my new favorite!

I'll try to get some samples of our new 165gsm Ginger Brown loaded in my next post.



They are on the way!  I just love these whimsy images from Annie Rodrigue.  My favorite is the Angry Ballerina. 


These stamps are now available for PRE-ORDER.  We should have them in had by next week.

I'll be back later with some more updates.  Thanks for stopping by today!

Hugs & Smiles,

Kimm

No comments: