Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Introducing Miko!

Hello Friends!  It was a hot one today!  I hear we can expect the same for tomorrow.  I took the day off today (boy, I needed one) to spend with my youngest Lindsay.  Her closing program for Nursery School was today.  Yes, I cried :(.  I can't believe how quickly the year went by and how fast she is growing up.  Before I know it, she'll be in Elementary Scool.  Abby and Dougie will not be done with school until June 4.  They would have been done this Friday if they didn't have to make up 4 snow days.  

Now that I have looked at the days flying by here, Lindsay's surgery is coming up pretty quickly which has reminded me that I have to pick up her pre-op meds tomorrow.  She is getting her tonsils and adenoids taken out on June 3.  I've tried my hardest to explain to her what is coming up (not to frighten her, but to prep her for it).  There is absolutely no way to explain surgery to a 3 year old.  Blood work was bad enough.  When we went through this with Abby it was much easier.  She was 6 and had some understanding.  Anyway, I will keep you posted on her progress.  Yes, I'm a "Nervous Nellie".

Enough of that... lets talk fun stuff.  Many of you have asked, begged and pleaded for a monkey pattern.  I honestly lost count of all the emails and requests made on our Facebook fan page.  Because I adore you all SOOOOO MUCH, I am pleased to bring to you our 2nd release for June 1.  Drum roll please....



He is a bit larger than any of our regular patterns.  Miko stands just about 5" when complete.  He's only larger because his legs are longer than our traditional Teddy Pattern.  His inner ears are small pieces of Cream pulled from reminant mulberry paper which is easy to do, even for the beginner.  I used only 1 layer of our 165gsm Mocha and our standard 150gsm Cream Mulberry Paper to create Miko's example.  2 layers of cream were used on Mikos belly and muzzle.  Everything else is only one layer.  And, he's got FLUFF!  Oh, I LOVE OUR MULBERRY PAPER!  I've gotta tell you, I adore this color combination for Miko.  I think he wears the color well.  Don't you? 
Additional pre-cut eyes (small tear drop) and the Miko's newly designed nose will also be available in our store on June 1st.  The nose even looks cute on Oliver and our traditional Teddy.
Thanks for stopping by!


Hugs

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Oh my gosh, he is too cute! Love him!