Saturday, May 15, 2010

Tear Bears 101 Class Highlights

Happy Day to all you!  Today at the shop we had our Tear Bear 101 Class.  What a packed house of fabulous ladies - and talented too I must say.  For 99% of them, this was their very first attempt at making a Tear Bear.  You'd never know it based on the results of their little critters.  They blew me away! 

Many of you know that I don't make bears very often.  Yes, I actually made a bear today while walking the ladies through the process step by step, trying not to leave anything out.  What I love the most is making the patterns and teaching my students everything I've learned over many years of trial and error.  I keep no secrets and share with our students anything I can think of to make their creative endeavours in the "tear bear" world easier.  Oh, if you had only seen my very first bear - it was horrid!

The ladies gave me permission to post their gorgeous faces and adorable bears to share with you all.

Don't they look focused?

Charlotte is missing from the photo - she was having car problems.

Suzie
(sorry for the blur.  Sandy didn't realize my camera take a second to focus)

Pat

Kim B.

Cathy

Kim

Linda

Janet

Colleen's Bear
(Colleen wouldn't let me take her picture - so modest - LOL - luv ya Sweetie!)

And finally, Sandy wouldn't let me get away without taking my photo.  I hate having my picture taken too. BTW, I was as tired as I look :)

Me!

So there you have it.  A wrap of today's class and our New Tear Bear Artist's.  Girls, I will have a certificate for you this next week so that you can proudly display your new talent.  For our Out-of-Town travelers, please email me with your address and I will mail it to you.

If any of you have a blog or would l and would like a badge to use on message boards, here you go...


Simply right click and save to your computer.  You can resize it if needed.  Or, grab the code for a smaller size bar compatible image.  Just copy and paste wherever you need it.

Thank you ladies for a delightful day!  I hope you all had a delightful afternoon, and learned a little something too.

Hugs

3 comments:

Patricia Mae said...

They all look like they has so much fun Im so jelous I wish I didn't live so far away I would love to come play. But Im going to add the badge to my blog. Love it.
~Patricia

Anonymous said...

Patricia, I wish you were here! I'd love for you to come down and co-teach with me! That would be fab-u-lous! Wear your badge with pride, my Dear. You've earned it.
Hugz, Kimm

Sharlotte Hughes said...

Looks like everyone was having a great time. (~waving at Janet~) Great job ladies!