Thursday, September 30, 2010

Beary Sweet Challenge 11 ---> Sketch with Tilda

Happy Thursday Friends!  Today is day 2 of "my weekend" and it will be spent grocery shopping and running errands.  I'll finish up the housework that I didn't get to yesterday too.  There are always things on my list that I don't get a chance to get to, but it will wait until Monday when I'm off again.  If I'm lucky, dear hubby might have a spare moment to pitch in on the real weekend.  Well, it's a day in the life of this girl.

Well, lets get to the good stuff.  Can you believe three posts this week!  That is unheard of my in world.  Not only is that practically unheard of, I actually created a card to play along with our Design Team Girls for the Beary Sweet Challenge #11 that will launch on Friday.

This week we all worked with a sketch that we'll use as our next Beary Sweet Challenge on Friday. Be sure to check back on Friday for the start of our Sketch Challenge.  Susan created an awesome sketch for us to play with.

Tilda With Broom meets My Little Yellow Bicycle


For this card I chose to use some of our remaining Frightful papers by My Little Yellow Bicycle.  We still have a few of these left in the store if you want to grab some.  As usual, I roughed up my edges with a distressing tool and then inked them up with some charcoal colorbox fluid chalk.  I had some swirls left on a half used sheet of Smoky Say it in Crystals by Prima so I thought it would add a nice touch.  I layered a Prima flower from  my stash with one of Leslie's beautiful crochet blossoms that we have in the store. (I'm waiting for her to make us some more so I can get them online for you too).  The brad center is actually from Pink Paislee's Bayberry Cottage Collection.  The green was a perfect addition to the color combination.  I came across the fall leaves when I was sorting out my Prima Flowers in my home studio.  I've had these for years - LOL.  It wouldn't be me if I didn't have some sparkling goodness added somewhere.  All of the edges and the flowers got a nice coat of STARDUST STICKLES GLITTER GLUE.  I first used Black Diamond on the image, but I really don't like the way it turned out.  Oh, I almost forgot, I used Snow Kaiser Craft Pearls and colored them with an YR Copic Marker.

As for Tilda, she was colored with my Copics, and I be darned that I didn't right down what colors I used when I colored her.  I'm sorry :(.  I stamped her with tuxedo black on Neenah Cardstock.  I'm pretty sure I shipped our very last Tilda with Broom out earlier this week.  She was actually from the Hoppy Easter Collection, but you would never have known it.

I am very excited that I got to play along with the girls this week, but I'm even happier that you decided to drop by for a visit today.  Hope you have a wonderful day!

Hugs

1 comment:

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

Awesome card! & I see those STICKLES...did you put them back in your purse so the kids wouldn't get'em?? LOL